It is important to understand that even with low investment, spice powder making business gives good returns on investment. A spice powder making business can be started by any individual or food business entity. Our country is the largest exporter of spices and spice powder making is a promising and lucrative business. Spices like black pepper, cloves, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder etc are the most purchased commodities by every household.
Before starting a spice powder making business, you must understand the food safety and FSSAI registration compliance including the several registrations to be done under the state government. A spice powder making business can be started by proprietorship firms as well as partnership firms. In case you intend to start your business as a One Person Company, you need to register your firm as a proprietorship firm. In case you intend to start the business as a partnership operation, you need to register your business as a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) or Private Limited Company (Pvt. Ltd. Company) with the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
Following are the compliances you need to take note of while starting a spice powder making company in India:
(1) GST Registration: You need to compulsorily obtain the GST Registration / GST number for any business you intend to start.
(2) Trademark Registration: You need to apply and register for the Trademark of your business in India
(3) FSSAI License (Food Safety and Standards authority of India): Being a spice powder making company which comes under the food business, you need to obtain the food operation license and the FSSAI License by submitting the FSSAI License documents as prescribed by the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006.
(4) IEC code: For exporting the spice/spice powder out of India, you need to apply for the IEC code for doing international business.
(5) Trademark: Your spice powder making business needs to have a unique brand name and then you need to apply for trademark.
(6) Trade License: The trade license can be obtained by the location authorities after submitting the FSSAI documents.